Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Utah: The Highlights Reel

I will spare you another Hawaii post and give you a quick rundown of our wondrous trip to the holy land.

Plane trip there: Like flying in a dirty tin can. Wes is the best baby ever. Dislike Southwest and their complicated boarding procedures.

Saw: Thelma, Nicole, Elisa, Heather, Becca, Caitlin, the Judds, Lizzy, Summer and Josh, and of course, Nikki and Sam.

I got pictures of/with: very few of these people (bad blogger!)

The wedding: was lovely. Allowed me to see people I never thought I'd see again

Nikki and Sam: are great hosts. Fed me lots of lime cake. Were great with Wes

Wes: charmed a lot of people. Slept like crap at night. Napped like crazy during the day.

I am: exhausted. Sleep deprived. Glad to hand him over to Aaron

Nikki and Sam's cat: tried to eat Wes. Hated us. Shed on my pillow

I read: The Host. Bloody Business: An Anecdotal History of Scotland Yard. Me Talk Pretty One Day

I really love: Pizza Factory. Noodles & Co. The wonderful antique store on Center St.

I am kicking myself because I never made it to: the French bakery. Pudding on the Rice. BYU campus.

Plane trip home: still dislike Southwest. A stewardess kissed Wes. He is still the best baby ever.

Thing I learned: I should have bought my wedding ring at the antique store on Center Street. Air rising due to the desert heat causes scary scary turbulence. PHX has segway riding traffic cops. I am not quick enough with my camera to take good pictures of segway riding traffic cops.

Glad: I survived the plane ride. To be home

Pictures:
Caitlin and Wes at the reception

Thelma, Me, Caitlin, and Wes at the wedding. This is toward the end. I know this because Wes is stripped down to his onesie. I de-clothed him after he spit up all over his cute sweater vest and khakis multiple times.

The happy couple. Aww, just look at the lurve.

The Judds. Aaron's cousin Megan, uncle Terry, and Aunt Susan. They loved Wes even though he was grumpy.

Aaron's dirty cousin Tyler and cute girlfriend whose name now escapes me.

I went with Nikki and Sam to do a photo shoot with my old roommate Lizzy and her family. Nikki took a couple pictures of us. For this one she told us to "just look pretty." Apparently, this is what pretty means to me.

Lizzy's turn to be pretty!


Wes zonked in the car on the way to Summer and Josh's

Fun with Uncle Sam's (heh) sunglasses

The flight was less than half full so they let me bring his carseat on the plane. He slept happily during the scary scary turbulence. And I distracted myself by taking pictures of his preciousness.

My too little too late photography skills. That bright spot is the back of the segway cop's reflective vest

7 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Oh to be in Utah...looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

Oh, those were some lovely pictures of us. Yay!

Travis said...

I love that picture with Wes wearing his UH Warrior shirt and the sun glasses. What a cutie!

angela hardison said...

David Sedaris kills me... I wish he wasn't so vulgar at times because he's seriously HILARIOUS.

Caitlin Carroll said...

I love the picture of us at the wedding. Wes is sooooo cute. I just love him so much. I'm glad we got to hang out so much, it was great to get to really know you in real life.

eleka nahmen said...

Fun photos! (And you're right to mourn your Pudding on the Rice loss. MOURN!)

Heidi said...

I'm loving your "pretty" picture. I have many pictures that I thought would turn out so well only to find that my definition of pretty is quite loose. . .