Saturday, July 05, 2008

We're Really Cool

Want to hear about our really awesome 4th of July?

(too bad, I'm telling you anyway!)

I crawled out of bed at the crack of 7:50 to take my family to the airport. They deserted us to celebrate the 4th in Washington DC. And since they are our default plans for holidays, we had no idea what to do with ourselves in their absence.

We spent several hours trying to get Wes to go down for his morning nap.

We watched The Client.

Around 3 or 4 we finally showered. But we still didn't get dressed.

At 6 Aaron came to snuggle with me in bed while I read. He fell asleep.

At 7 I put Wes down.

At 8 I also fell asleep.

At 10 we both woke up and realized we weren't going to make it to any fireworks this year.

We went back to sleep.


It would have been pathetic for a normal day, but for a holiday, it seemed especially lame. In our defense, we really wanted to go see a movie in the afternoon but a certain small person who shall remain nameless was a cranky pants of the highest order and we were pretty sure he would have ruined the movie for everyone. So we stayed home. In our underwear. And ate string cheese and otter pops because we were too lazy to cook. Ya.

6 comments:

N.F. said...

Yum! Otter pops rule!

Caitlin Carroll said...

Sounds great... ours was way too eventful that we could barely make it home after the fireworks without collapsing. We are already becoming an old married couple, we're always tired by about 9! :)

Caitlin Carroll said...

Oh, and YES I got a ring!!!! However, he has yet to give it to me. He thinks it's funny to be withholding. He keeps on taking it out to show off to people... I should be the one showing it off!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good day to me! I love sitting in my garments doing nothing minus the cranky kid!

Peterson Fam said...

Relaxing and holidays don't always go together, so enjoy. When Wes gets older and has 3 or 4 siblings, you'll be hopping from events and wish you could just stay home and do NOTHING. AT least that's the way I feel. But I'm with you on the family leaving town...hello, who's going to entertain and feed you?!?!? Luckily both of our parents live nearby, so it's super rare to get ditched by both families...but possible!

Melody B. said...

See....now those are the days man!