Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Another Lovely Date Story

A week or so ago I was floating in the pool with my family when the subject of conversation turned in such a direction as to remind me of this wonderful little dating story, which I will now share with you.

At some point in high school I was pretty into this guy in my history class. Or maybe it was English? I don't remember. Anyway, I liked him. He wasn't much of a dater. In fact, he was kind of girl-retarded, but I didn't understand that at the time. I thought he was just too busy with other stuff to be bothered or something.

After a lot of hard work (seriously, at some point I should have realized it wasn't worth it), I finally convinced him that I was cool and maybe we should go out sometime.

We went on a group date of sorts with a bunch of his friends. I say "of sorts" because many of them were also girl-retarded and didn't actually bring dates. Which, in my mind, means they probably shouldn't have come on the group date, but this group of friends didn't really work that way.

So, we're sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start when my date offers me popcorn and a soda. I'm a little confused, because he never went to the concession stand and it has become painfully obvious to me that he's kind of cheap (to be fair, we were in high school. Not exactly a time of high income). I decline the popcorn and soda thinking that one of the other boys must have purchased it and I don't want to mooch off them like that. No one else seems to have a problem with it and they all share.

We watch the movie. Nothing happens worth talking about.

On the way back to the car I ask who was nice enough to share their popcorn and soda with everyone. "Oh, no one bought that," he replies, "We found it on the ground by one of the trash cans."

And the weird thing is, I WENT OUT WITH HIM AGAIN. More than once! I don't get me sometimes.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

That's really gross. haha. I don't know if I ever heard that one.

Caitlin Carroll said...

Confession: I once ate a dessert that a lady left on her table after taking like two bites. But she looked kosher and it was at the Skyroom. And it was delicious.

chosha said...

Oh. My. That is a little scary.

Unknown said...

Who were you talking about? Remember when we got left in the theater on that other group date of sorts with those girl-retarted boys!?

Becky said...

I'm surprised you weent out w/ him again, it doesn't sound like you!!