Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Instructables

How have I not heard of Instructables before?

Last night I googled DIY concrete countertops (there are 2 things I hate about my house: 1. only one sink in the master bath and 2. my old nasty tile kitchen countertops) to see how much effort was involved (A LOT) and found this place. It's an entire site dedicated to tutorials. Any and all tutorials! And heaven knows I love me a good tutorial.

A couple really good ideas:

Make over your glass dining room table with painters tape, spray paint, and patience. Look at the pretty pattern the light makes on the floor! I'm almost sad our table is wood.


Transparency art. The guy who posted the tutorial mentioned those old Disney animation cells, which is exactly what I thought of when I saw this picture. I've got some bedroom wall space crying out for something unique. Maybe time to start looking through my photos?

Ultraviolet nightlight...you can draw or write whatever you want on it with a highlighter and it glows all pretty. I think this would be awesome in Wes's room in a couple of years.

No comments: