1. Pick up the nearest book
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you
I had a lot of trouble finding a suitable book. The first one I picked up had pictures on page 123. The second one was in Spanish and page 123 had 1 completely unintelligible sentence on it. The next one had 32 pages in it (Dr. Seuss!). I finally had to walk up to my bookcase in my living room, close my eyes, and point to a random book.

The book is Bloody Business: An Anecdotal History of Scotland Yard which I picked up while at Nikki and Sam's and they let me take home so I could finish it.
Ahem:
"Master Robinson was a sickly lad who suffered from deafness and never spoke. The masquerade did not fool the Brussels proprietor of the Hotel des Ardennes for a minute. The worldly Monsieur DeLisse took one look at the son's feminine walk and knew a homosexual when he saw one!"
(talking about the case of Hawley Harvey Crippen who murdered his wife and then went on the run with his disguised mistress in an attempt to escape to Canada. Quality stuff.)
Let's see, who shall I tag...
Nikki hasn't blogged in a while
Caitlin and Becca will probably indulge me
Lonica more than likely has a good book nearby
aaand...let's leave this last slot open for anyone who is sitting in their chair mentally raising their hand thinking, "Ooooh, me! Pick me!"
(I know I'm not the only one who does that)





3 comments:
I kind of was thinking, "pick me!", but then thought better of it and said to myself, "naahh." Mainly 'cause I'm dead tired and don't know what I'm still doing awake.
Plus, the closest books are my business law and accounting books. Wait! Also on this table is Shannon Hale's book, Rapunzel's Revenge. Page 123 is where Rapunzel frees her real mother from the fake mother's prison.
Have fun at Mini Blogher!
WoW! I've been picked! I don't know that that's ever happened before. And I don't even have to come up with six stupid secrets about myself. You're right, I always have a book at hand.
I keep meaning to do this, but every time I think about it I'm at work without a book anywhere. I WILL do it eventually.
Post a Comment