Friday, July 18, 2008

Why We Will Only Have One Child for a Very Long Time

10p I go to bed

2a Wes wakes up, I give him a bottle

2:30a I am back asleep

2:40a Wes decides he wasn't done and cries for more

3a I am back asleep

3:30a Aaron whacks me awake and groggily tells me Wes needs me. I listen. There is no crying. I go check on him. He is dead asleep. I decide that if Aaron whacks me again I will whack him in the face until he understands that it is VERY IMPORTANT to not wake up your wife unless it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

3:45a Aaron hears a cricket

3:50a Aaron decides the cricket must die RIGHT THAT VERY MOMENT and decides the way to do this is to start slamming doors and turning on lights

4:00a I decide that if I can get myself to wake up enough I will get up and kick him. I can't get myself to wake up quite that much.

4:05a More slamming. More lights.

4:15a Aaron goes back to sleep

5:30a Wes startles himself awake and starts crying. I snuggle, comfort, offer a bottle, finally get him calmed down.

5:50a I am back asleep

6:30a Wes gets up for the day.


And then this morning Aaron came in, "That stupid cricket was going for like, 2 hours! I couldn't sleep!"

Poor baby.

4 comments:

Lonica said...

Hilarious! I'm so sorry, that doesn't sound like much fun!

Melody B. said...

Ohhhhhhh, I HATE when guys do that! I was up for 2 minutes...porr me! DIE DIE DIE!!!:P

Becky said...

that stinks!! i hope that isn't every night for you!
btw....who were you going to kick...Aaron or the cricket?

The Kaneyuki Tribe said...

Alright Aaron, Kill that cricket. I know how you feel Aaron, guys need their sleep too. lol.