Thursday, July 10, 2008

Awkwardness Continued

I've mentioned before that in high school I dated a boy named Jason for quite a long while.

Over the course of our relationship we usually hung out with Jason's friends and I sometimes dragged L* along so I wouldn't be the only girl. Several of Jason's friends thought L was pretty cute.

One day we all went to the lake and the boys decided to go cliff jumping. One of the boys who was a little smitten with L climbed all the way up and froze. We were all back in the boat waiting on this one kid and he just couldn't bring himself to jump.

Finally, one of the other boys yelled up, "If you jump then L will kiss you!" The jumper yelled back down, "Really??" and poor, shy, horrified L was like, "...I guess so?"

And then he jumped.

Later that night Jason and I refused to take L home until she had made good on her I guess so (we'd been trying to get them together for months). So she kissed him. He was only like 2 weeks away from leaving on a mission, but he and L still spent some quality time together before he left. They wrote on and off while he was gone, during which time L met S*, who then also left on a mission. L and the jumper hung out once after he got back but there was really nothing there.

So then S came home, he and L got married, they moved into a little apartment and lived happily ever after.

Right next door to the jumper and his wife.

Which is why you should move to Nebraska.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love stories like these.. little slices of life. Reminds me of something I might hear on this American Life which is probably one of my favorite things of all time.

Oh, and thanks for the hospital bag advice!

Braden said...

Oh, hi! I found you through Lizzy. Hopefully that's okay.

Lonica said...

How funny! What a good story.

N.F. said...

Too funny! I love stories like these; I want one, one day.

:)

chosha said...

Sadly that wouldn't be awkward at all, if they could just have a good laugh about it.

By the way, I'm chuckling at you calling him 'the jumper'. Makes him sound like he's perched on a rooftop, threatening to leap to his death. O_O!

Becky said...

wow! you are full of great stories. that's too funny!