Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Under the Weather

Aaron's family just finished their stay with us and I've got a couple days until I board a plane for my grandpa's memorial in Washington. So what shall I do with my time...oh, how about get sick?

It may or may not be strep...my rapid strep test came back negative but the doc took a look at my throat and said, mmm..I'm going to send a swab in for a more advanced test. And then she put me on strep antibiotics.

Does any one else think it is so weird to get sick during the summer? It just seems so counter intuitive. And annoying.

3 comments:

angela hardison said...

We've been sick at our house - both of us thought we had strep because our throats hurt so bad. And that we were dying. Maybe we're a little dramatic.

Hope you feel better soon! After almost two weeks, I'm still dealing with a nasty cough.

Becky said...

YES! We've had more wierd fever-ish virus and colds than we had all summer...I am now in an extreme-germ paranoia mind-frame!


Have fun in Washington!!

Melody B. said...

No, it's not that wierd. I usually get Strep throat soemtime during the summer.:P My body did a good job fighting it this time though. I could feel it coming on, but it didn't get very bad...I am usually incapacitated!