Yesterday I predicted that today would be a good day. And I was totally right.
It rained all. day. long. Now, if you live in the Pacific northwest or somewhere like that, you may not appreciate the gravity of that statement. First of all, Arizona doesn't get much rain to begin with (that whole "desert" thing). But second of all, our rain isn't like the rain in most other places. We usually get 2 minutes of dramatic, dumping, crazy, pull-your-car-over-because-you-can't-see rain and then the sun comes out and we're left with flooded streets for a couple days. That's how we fill our reservoirs. Sometimes it's adequate. Sometimes it's not. But today, it started raining late morning and still hasn't stopped (and it is now 11:30pm). That is so very rare around these parts. It's just a nice, steady, replenishing rain. And we love it. Even better, it's supposed to continue into tomorrow evening. Two days of normal steady rain is an unheard of luxury around these parts. Let us all give thanks. And perhaps splash in a puddle or 2.
And the very best part of today? Reuniting with a long lost friend. Well, he was only sort of long lost. I knew where he was, but it was kind of far away and we hadn't talked in a while (proof: he was unaware that I was knocked up). But then he magically moved back here this month with his wonderful wifey and we happened to talk today and then we all hung out tonight and it was wonderful and marvelous and it was dark and raining outside but there was sunshine and rainbows inside.
And now, I get to put on sweatpants and go snuggle in bed with my hunk of a husband as we bid farewell to November and say a sweet cinnamony hello to December and Christmas preparations and all the warm wonderful feelings that accompany this glorious month.
So, sweet dreams and a happy NaBloPoMo to all, and to all a good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Wasn't it nice having a whole entire week to relish in before Christmas Season started??? I loved it!!!!
Farewell NaBloPoMo...it was fun while it lasted!
That was a cute way to end...TEAR
Post a Comment