Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo: Day 1

According to Janssen, November is something called National Novel Writing Month, where some crazy people commit to writing an entire novel in 30 days (I'll be honest...it's actually kind of tempting. Maybe next year. When I have a 9 month old. HA!). The less committed (aka bloggers) have NaBloPoMo instead, which, in case you didn't catch that, is National Blog Posting Month. So, instead of cranking out novels, those who choose to participate crank out a daily blog post (slightly less stressful).

The rules are simple. One blog post a day for the entire month of November. No pre or post dating to pretend you blogged. Your fingers must be on the keys every day for a month.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty close to being a daily blogger as it is, so I'm on board. Are you?



And, for my post today (in addition to the above) I'm going to tell you what I did with sick day #2 (cold? flu? who knows): I watched Spiderman 3 and BAWLED (hi, since when is Spiderman so sad?) and then I watched Pride and Prejudice: the Version for Non Wimps (also known as the BBC 6 hour version). Oh, and I handmade some of the envelopes for my baby invitations from an old school children's songbook. Why? Because I am crazy and I can. Maybe I SHOULD be writing a novel this month.

Movies watched in the past 2 days:

Young and Innocent
-Very much enjoyed it. Not as Hitchcock-ian as I was expecting, but it was one of his early films.

The Mummy
-Always a pleasure. Was anyone else totally beyond ecstatic when Imhotep showed up as a bad guy in 24 a couple seasons ago? Loooved the Marwan.

What Lies Beneath
-Since it was Halloween and the previous 2 weren't exactly scary, I had to watch SOMETHING to make me jump. It did an admirable job, I had forgotten most of the jumpy parts, so it was still pretty effective.

Zoolander
-Because it had been a while.

Spiderman 3
-I'll be honest, I was crying before the sad part because (trying not to spoil) someone who had been bad turned good and it was all sunshine and rainbows and camaraderie there for a while in the end fight scene. And then they RUINED IT. Hate. But wasn't Bryce Dallas Howard super cute in this movie? I loved her character.

Pride and Prejudice
-It's starting to become tradition that whenever Aaron goes out of town (he's in Omaha tonight on a business trip) I go rent this baby. Then I have the rest of the night to feel all shmoopy before Aaron gets home to make fun of me for it.

I also ate a lot of our leftover Halloween candy and some tater tots.

And that's my somewhat lame post for the day, but I'm a smidge drugged (not too much...pregnancy makes a good drugging impossible, unfortunately) and running a bit slow. Assuming I feel better tomorrow (probable) I'll write something better.

Happy November and NaBloPoMo to you!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Pride and Prejudice is a favorite of mine. I have Spiderman 3 reserved on my Blockbuster Access, I can't wait to see it, I heard it's so good!!

Melody B. said...

I don't do any of those "British" movies...not for me! Talk to Janell she loves that "stuff"!;) Have'nt seen Spiderman 3...is it really that sad?

Becca said...

Oh gosh don't even get me started on Marwan. Hottest terrorist ever? (No, I'd have to go with Gary Oldman in Air Force One, but Marwan comes really close)

Noelle said...

I have yet to see Spiderman 3, but it's definitely on my list. As for Pride and Prejudice, this is one of my all time favorites. One that every Jane Austen fan should own in my opinion. I watched What Lies Beneath last year. I think that is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen in my entire life. Harrison Ford as a bad guy?! SO scary.

Janssen said...

I love that you call it the "Not for Wimps" version. Bart and I watched the short version recently (which I like also) and he said "they didn't leave anything out - what could they have put in the 5 hour version?" But the five hour version? So awesome and so much more full (and also full of the REAL Mr. Darcy).