Saturday, November 03, 2007

NaBloPoMo Day 3: Homecoming!

Not slacking Melody, just getting home really late!

My studly little brother, Jared, turned 16 in February and his friends cajoled him into asking someone (a special someone, I might add) to Homecoming this year. We wanted to get some more photo practice (without me as a model) so we asked if we could take some pictures of them before the dance. Then, the boys decided to save a few bucks by having Aaron and I take all of their pictures before the dance instead of paying the astronomical photo package prices at the dance (and waiting in line for an hour to pay them).

We were pretty nervous when we heard about this. Our photo shoots tend to be slightly hit and miss with the clarity and we didn't want them to get all excited about their pictures only to get them back and be like, "Why is everything but my nose fuzzy?"

We did have some clarity issues but still ended up with some really great pictures, some of which I post here for your viewing pleasure:




I actually need to toy with exposure on this one a bit more but, let me tell you, after editing 50+ photos today, I just plain didn't feel like it.



Jared and his ladyfriend, Kristi. Who has some of the most gorgeous long hair I've ever seen.

So that's what I've been doing with my day today...posing and directing Homecoming-goers for Aaron and Jed and then several hours worth of editing. Lots of fun. They had a good time though and were really glad to get pictures out of the way beforehand so they could just enjoy time with their friends once they got to the dance. And we actually had a lot of fun shooting them, some of them were real hams and totally got into it. When I asked for sass, those girls gave me sass. Kristi has this great face that I call her "I'm judging you face" in a lot of the pictures that just cracks me up. Then there was general hysterics over the fact that Jared is grabbing Walker's (man)boob in the boy group picture (4th one down). They came back to my parents' house after the dance for dessert and a movie and we had the pictures all ready in a slideshow when they got back, so it was fun to hear them ooh and aah and laugh at our work!

11:40pm on NaBloPoMo day 3...I made it!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Alex looks gorgeous. And Jared's little girly is way cute! And, of course, Jared is a stud. Even more so now. He's growing up so fast!

Becky said...

Very cute kayla!! Your brother is a little hottie!!! ;)

I'm sure that was a fun day for you. It's fun to be the big sister and be able to take part in those things!!

Those were the days!!

Becky said...

The 3rd picture down looks like a wedding photo, the girl in the middle wearing white looks like she could be the bride...I had to take a 2nd look there!!