Saturday, November 24, 2007

NaBloPoMo Day 24: Christmas Prep

Ya, I didn't blog yesterday. When 1am rolled around and I realized I hadn't blogged I was just like, meh, I already failed anyway. It was kinda liberating. Whoever decided to hold NaBloPoMo in a month with a serious holiday needs to rethink the plan. How about August instead? August is a nice, empty type month. We should reschedule NaBloPoMo next year.

Anyway, yesterday was incredibly productive. I used it to start getting the house ready for Christmas! That's pretty much the reason they invented the day after Thanksgiving anyway, right?

I didn't go shopping. Black Friday scares me and I've got most of my gifts bought anyway. I did, however, help Aaron put up our Christmas lights (if you drive by please don't look at them...they look totally pathetic. In Aaron's words, it looks like a five year old's best attempt at decorating a house for Christmas. "Buy more lights" is on our to-do list for the week). I made 2 stockings, one for Aaron and one for Wes (and got mine started). I put up our tree. I'm think there was something else but I can't remember. But the point is, I'm awesome.

And today I decorated our tree, worked on my stocking some more, drank hot cocoa, spent some quality time with Gavin while Bethany went to a concert, and cleaned up the kitchen. ANOTHER productive day! Are you seeing a pattern? Like, when I don't have to work, I get things done? It's really nice. I think I'll try it permanently and see how I like it.

I'm so excited for stay-at-home mommydom!

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Kayla, I'm SO with you on the whole "being productive while staying home" thing. This has been the world's best weekend (even being sick!). Our Christmas decorations are all up (except the outside lights) and I've read, watched movies, cooked, cleaned, and just thought life rocked.

Post some pictures of your stockings. Thank you.