Sunday, November 04, 2007

NaBloPoMo Day 4: Scrounging for Blog Ideas

So I actually just googled "blogging ideas" because I've been wracking my brain all day for something to blog about. I'm currently quite topic-less. I have nothing to whine about (surprise!). It's Sunday, so nothing real exciting happened today (slowest day of the week by far). No new pictures (Aaron suggested taking more pictures today and I was like, can I have a break please?). So, here are some snippets, inspiration courtesy of Google:

1. What's one thing you would do if you weren't afraid?

Sky dive! I'm pretty terrified of what it would be like between when I realize the chute isn't opening and when I hit the ground. I can't imagine it would be a very pleasant few minutes. And sky diving is one of those things that is totally unnecessary that could definitely kill you, so why do it? I'd kind of like to do it just so I could say I've done it (plus, it might be fun), but the fear keeps me grounded.

Incidentally, Aaron has been sky diving.


2. Where DOES the other sock go?

I'm pretty sure my sister stole it. Growing up, any time an item of clothing went missing I was always pretty sure of where it went.

The same could probably be said of her missing clothing.


3. What's the meanest thing you've ever done?

I may have blogged about this before, but it's a classic. One that has been brought up multiple times since I admitted this to Nikki not all that long ago. She feels quite wronged now that she knows and I still think it's pretty funny.

When Nikki was little, she had a really hard time seeing things that were right in front of her face. She'd ask for help finding her shoes and they'd be in her closet exactly where her shoes should be. So, at some point, I started hiding things. Things I knew she'd miss pretty immediately, like a birthday check or her homework. When she'd come to me for help, I'd go and "find" the item in plain sight on her dresser or on her bed or somewhere easy and roll my eyes and she'd feel totally stupid for missing something that was so obviously placed. I don't actually remember doing it all that many times, but I thought it was hysterical.

When I told my family about this sometime in the past couple years I thought they would think it was funny but Nikki was kind of upset (still is, I think, judging by how she talks about it) and my mom was shocked at how mean I can be. Oh well. I still laugh when I think about it.

Yes it was mean, but it's ok because it was funny (Aaron taught me that).


Well, I think that's good enough for one night seeing as Aaron is impatiently waiting for me to join him on our walk. I told him we could go 9 minutes ago, but that was a lie because I'm still typing and proofreading. Sorry for the lame post, hopefully I'll be able to come up with something better for tomorrow!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I do laugh at it, but seriously, I thought I was BLIND for the longest time! Someone at work stole my stapler with the intention of placing it in plain sight once I realized it was missing...all because of you. I realized what they were doing before they actually did it, though, so it didn't work.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the skydiving!! Not for me!

BTW...when are you due?

Becky said...

OK-- I was typing you this LONG comment last night and my computer just turned off...No reason, the elsectricty was still on, so I figured that was my que to go to bed. I am going to try again....

Becky said...

Anyhow...as I was saying, with all the recent break-ins and home thefts around here, we are a little leary and on-edge...watching for anyone suspicious. SO, last night at 7:15 pm we are driving home and out pop these 2 dark figures--- Kent slows the car and we carefully look them over, afterall everyone's a possible suspect now right!, uh nope, it's Kayla and Aaron on their nightly walk...no criminals there!! Then I came home and read your blog, very funny!

Kent is going to be doing nightly patrols with his spotlight and a weapon...and he isn't afraid to take action!! Beware!!!

TheMoncurs said...

Eep! We'll have to be careful on our walks! Fortunately, people rarely suspect the pregnant woman of anything. It takes too much effort to roll myself out of bed, heaven knows I'm not going to be stealing cars or doing anything that requires running or climbing through windows.

Last night we were walking over by the golf course club house and saw some shadowy figures walking out on the green and then got a huge whiff of pot. That was fun. Aaron wanted to follow them but I was like, "um, let's leave the nice potheads alone until I can at least run decently."

Bart said...

"but it's ok because it was funny"

I like it! I'll have to see how Janssen feels about that.

What you did reminds me of what my brother and I used to do to our younger brother. He has really bad eyes, so on road trips we'd point at horses and say, "Look at those cows," and for cows we'd say, "Look at those horses!"

We got creative and tried to get away with sheep and camels, but he eventually caught on. The best part was seeing him squint and say, "those aren't camels" in an unbelieving (but unsure) voice.