This is my last post today I SWEAR. Where was all this stuff on Sunday when I needed it??
Ok so Tracy, the property manager, is home sick today. Which means I'm answering her phone. I don't mind, but sometimes the people who call aren't really the brightest crayons I've ever met. To wit:
Me: Riptide Properties, this is Kayla.
Guy: Hi, I'm calling about the property you have listed online at 1234 Random St, City, 98765.
Note: he gave me the full address, zip code included. So clearly he has it. And he found it online, which means he has internet access.
Me: Ok, the person you need to talk to about that property is Tracy, the property manager, but she's actually out sick today, can I give you her voicemail and she'll call you when she's back in the office?
Guy: Well...can I just ask you one question about the property?
Me: Yes, but I probably won't know the answer, I'm just answering the phones for her.
Guy: Is this near Random Mall?
Me: I really have no idea, but you can look it up on Google maps and get an idea.
Guy: Well, the thing is, I'm from Pennsylvania and moving out there to start a business at the mall, so I'm really unfamiliar with the area.
Me: Well, you can look up the address for the mall and you have the address for the property, so you can look them both up in Google maps and get an idea of how far away they are from each other.
Guy (impatiently): But I'm from Pennsylvania, and I'm really not familiar with the area at all and I don't know where the property is.
Me: Ok well how about I give you Tracy's voicemail and she can help you with this?
It's a good thing Tracy is more patient than me.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment