Friday, November 20, 2009

THIS is Why This Baby was Supposed to be a GIRL

Person 1*: TANDER!

Person 2: It's like Tanner and tinder put together. It's not a name and I refuse to consider it.

1: Millow!

2: First of all, ew. Second of all, like MARSHMALLOW? What if he's fat?

1: Keggan?

2: Like keggers? And keg stands? That's not a real name.

1: How do you come up with these associations? NO ONE ELSE would have come up with that!

2: Actually they probably would have. Taking a random word from the dictionary and adding an extra syllable does not make it into a name.

1: Gray?

2: It's decent, but eh.

1: Grayman!

2: Like a man who is GRAY? WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF? How about Gus?

1: Nasty.

2: Hey, I like Gus! Levi?

1: Levi is a person who is going to grow up with bad hair and wear pocket protectors and get beat up every day of his life.

2: Yes, because KEGGAN stands a better chance.

(pause so that we can glare at each other for a moment)

1: Blandin.

2: Bland? Like boring?

1: No, BlandIN. It's totally different.

2: NO IT'S NOT.

etc. etc. etc.



Dear God,

Are you sure on this boy thing? Because seriously, I thought You were all about love at home and not yelling at your spouse and junk.

From the trenches,

Kayla



*Names omitted to protect the person in this relationship who comes up with the most heinous boy names ever.

17 comments:

Braden said...

Yeah, I think it's way easier to come up with nice girl names.

The Christensens said...

I totally feel your pain! I'm married to someone who honestly thinks that Atom and Doc are great boy names. Good luck! (and try to keep him away from Potato as a middle name!) :)

Janell said...

Ha ha ha! This post made me LOL like four times. Thanks. :) And yeah. Sorry about this.

Celia said...

Nathan has already named our future sons Dignan and Roland. Seriously. Where do they come up with names like that?

Bart said...

Wes needs a little brother named Austin, Boston, or Lincoln. At least those are the names I really like but can't use since they're "too popular."

I'll have to get some stuffed animals and name them with those names.

Unknown said...

Try nymbler.com

It is a fun website

Andrew and Ariel said...

That's funny :)

megan said...

Laughing! I had the same problem with my person 1. Except that they were real names, they were just totally unacceptable, like "Royal."

Girl name lists could go on and on, and boy lists were like 2 or 3 names which I didn't like anyway.

But in the end, it was person 1 that came up with both of our boys names which I really liked. I came up with nothing.

So maybe his lists will turn real in the end and you'll be grateful!

Glad it's a boy!

theFinn said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm not even pregnant and Jordan and I have this conversation ALL THE TIME. The only difference is that I'm trying to suggest lovely Finnish names, and he insists that, once Americanized, our boys will be teased for life.

blaine and michelle said...

My husband really likes the name Blender. Seriously. Like the kitchen appliance. My boys lucked out that I talked him out of it.

angela hardison said...

boy names are way easier for us...

Caitlin Carroll said...

I think you should name your son Easton. It would be hilarious.

Caitlin Carroll said...

Oh, and Tim suggested the name Ea. Like E-ah. Or ay. We didn't ever really figure out how to pronounce it. And where the heck did THAT come from? Honestly.

Unknown said...

I'm totally voting for Easton. Maybe your kids wouldn't appreciate it, though. And if you have more, I do have a friend named North, so apparently it's a name, too.

Unknown said...

Oh, and then you could have a girl named Rose.

I crack myself up.

Unknown said...

I like Grant. Kind of like Grayman but way better. :) o and thank you for blogging for the both of us.

Caitlin Carroll said...

Rose, yes! Very creative Liz.