Thursday, November 12, 2009

NaNoWriMo Report: Day Twelve

Word count: 27,863

Feeling much better and more ready to write. Although I realized a couple things today. The first is that I struggle with transitions. Once I GET to a scene I can write like Speedy Gonzalez. But transitioning BETWEEN scenes kills me. I sit and stare and get on facebook and generally hate life for a little while. I suck at getting my characters from A to B.

The second is that this half of my story is much less developed in my head, which is making it more difficult to write. I may end up devoting a day to brainstorming and nailing down details so I don't have to sit here and go, "well, I know I want them to travel to this one place but...how are they going to get there? How long would that take? What is going to happen along the way?" I knew most of those details ahead of time for the first half, so I think the second 25,000 words are going to be a bit more of a challenge until I devote some mental energy to the details.

No comments: