Word count: 16,230
Ya. I wrote over 4100 words today. I wrote a kissing scene and did not die of embarrassment. That is a major victory.
I spent some time today going over everything I've written thus far and adding in some descriptive language. In my rush to just get my story down I've neglected physical descriptions of my characters (partly because I didn't have a clear idea of what most of them looked like until I was further along). Also, as I laid in bed last night I realized there were a few places that I could go into a really good description of something and hadn't, so I went back and remedied that today. I'd like to add a lot more since I love novels where you can really see what the author was going for, but that might have to come later as I get further in my story. The scenery keeps shifting in my head and I need to nail it down before I can write about it clearly.
Overall I'm really happy with the progression of my novel thus far. And I'm ecstatic about my pace. I keep sitting down with the aim of writing 1,667 words and every day I just find my groove and go over that goal. I hope the story keeps coming to me so I can keep it up. It's really satisfying to just sit and write and know exactly where your story is going.
Thursday, November 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment