Monday, November 09, 2009

NaNoWriMo Report: Day Nine

Word count: 26,131

I am OVER the halfway point!!

Can we just talk for a moment about how ridiculously productive I was today? I wrote over 4300 words. I cleaned the kitchen. I made a meal plan for the week and went grocery shopping. I made a casserole for dinner plus an extra one to put in the freezer. I made double chicken pot pie filling, one for dinner tomorrow night and one to go in the freezer. I went for a RUN, for heaven's sake.

I rock at life.


I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to worry about pacing. I've still got quite a bit of story left, but is it enough for another 25,000 words? Is this where my story should be at the halfway point? Am I going to have to go back and pad what I've already got in order to make the full 50,000? It's so hard to tell! Fortunately, I'm far enough ahead of the game that if my story poops out at 40,000 words I've got plenty of time to invent a 10,000 word subplot and weave it in. But that sounds like a lot of work so I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that.

3 comments:

Caitlin Carroll said...

You. are. impressive.

natelovell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celia said...

Wow. I just finished putting dinner in the crockpot...That's my BIG accomplishment for the day. I, like Caitlin, am impressed.