Wednesday, November 25, 2009

NaNoWriMo Report: Day Twenty Five

Word count: 44,296 and counting. I'll be getting back to it as soon as I get this finished.

I finally sat down and got back to writing today and actually? Today was probably my best writing yet. At this point I know my characters and my story but I've also had some time off. The combination of the two led to some halfway decent stuff that I don't feel the need to go back and mark up with my figurative red pen. It's a nice feeling.

Unfortunately, there's still the fact that my story is pretty much over. I introduced a new character tonight in hopes that it would help me push my word count a bit but...he left. I got like 1,000 more words out of him so I guess he helped, but I was hoping for more. I've mentioned this problem to Aaron and he's like, "Why force it? If it's a 45,000 word story it's a 45,000 word story. Just end it." But I'm like, "NO. I MUST GET TO 50,000." Because then NaNoWriMo gives you a certificate to print out. And apparently that is really important to me.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to you all! Mostly I'm just thankful that NaNoWriMo is almost over and I'm almost done and very shortly I will be able to WALK AWAY from this train wreck for a while.

That, and I made chocolate haupia pie and creme brulee for Thanksgiving dessert. I am always thankful for good desserts.

Edit: finished at 45,252 for the day. Less than 5,000 to go!

2 comments:

Leighana said...

amazing! keep going! will we be able to read it when your done?

Celia said...

So I know you are almost done with the book, but my husband found a really interesting article on what the world would be like after humans. You probably don't need it anymore, but it's pretty interesting. I particularly like how they speculate birds would be everywhere because so many less would die due to powerlines and such. Weird.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#1Rkag4/www.worldwithoutus.com/did_you_know.html/