Total word count: 6162
I was worried the writing wouldn't come as easily to me today, but that wasn't a problem. I actually think it came MORE easily. Yesterday I kept allowing myself to get distracted (I twittered at 34 words) but today I felt like I was able to focus better. When I had to stop for a few minutes to do some research I resented the interruption. It threw off my groove!
Surprisingly, I'm having the most difficulty introducing any kind of love story aside from my one smitten minor character. With him it was easy, I just sort of had to mention it along side his other character traits and now it pops up in his actions from time to time. But with my main characters I want it to be more subtle and to just kind of happen through the course of the rest of the story. But I feel ridiculous writing it. I don't know how Stephenie Meyer didn't just cringe all through writing Twilight. My writing won't be nearly as florid and my romance is more of a side note but I'm still cringing. I NEED at least a smidgen of love story and I can't just abandon it, but it's killing me. I temporarily solved the problem by sending the male character off on an expedition of sorts for the day, but I know he has to come back sometime. And then I'll have to talk about him being handsome and possibly looking at her in a mushy way. Ugh.
Monday, November 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment