Bethany recently introduced me to The Pioneer Woman, which is pretty much the best blog ever. And, in honor of Valentine's Day, I'm introducing it to all those who were unaware that this little piece of goodness existed.
More specifically, I am directing you to her Black Heels to Tractor Wheels: A Love Story series, in which she writes about how she, a city-dwelling black-stilleto-wearing law school candidate met and fell in love with her honest-to-goodness ranch-owning wrangler-wearing cowboy husband.
The woman has a gift for story telling and reading this series will have you eyeballing your husband and thinking that he is no where near callous covered or cowboy-y enough for you and why you don't just move out to the middle of nowhere, buy a ranch, and start herding cattle already? Seriously, it's that good. It's also quite long--28 sections thus far--and she's not quite finished yet. It's a lot like a romance novel (nothing scandalous) but even better because it's true.
In her words, "Warning: Have Kleenex, a fan, tranquilizers, and a cold shower handy." Amen. I ate it up with a spoon and grinned like an idiot through all 28 posts. I check back daily to see if she has written the next installation because I am a die hard sap.
Tangent: She also has a really great cooking blog that has made me realize that I possibly suck in the kitchen. I don't use nearly enough butter (if you read any of her recipes you'll understand what I mean).
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Just what I need, more time on the computer! My eyes are killing me these days...but hey I'm up for the challenge! Thanks for passing on the info!
Thanks, I can't wait to check it out!!
Post a Comment