Thursday, February 28, 2008

Checking in with Analytics. And Shawna Cozens.

As I've posted before, I periodically check out our Google Analytics to get an idea of who is reading our blogs and where they are coming from. Last time I checked I was kind of excited to see that the google searches that brought people here were overwhelmingly made up of our names. People weren't just stumbling on to our blog, they were really meaning to end up here.

Today, for some reason, the number one search that is getting people here?

Shawna Cozens.

Now, I love Shawna Cozens as much as the next person (probably more-she has been one of my best friends for years), but why are so many people googling her? The weird thing is, I'm not even on the first page of results when you google her. I'm not even on the second page of results. I'm somewhere on the third page (she's a big time soccer player so she shows up in a lot of sports articles and whatnot that take up the first 3 pages). How is Shawna Cozens bringing so many people here??

But now, I feel kind of competitive, ya know? Like, why am I NOT the first search result when you google Shawna Cozens?

So I decided: it's ON, sports websites. I WILL become the number one Shawna Cozens search result. I'm not exactly sure how I will accomplish that, but I'm pretty sure having Shawna Cozens' name on my blog a bunch of times is a good way to start.

Me and Shawna Cozens

Shawna Cozens and Jason

Shawna Cozens

Dallas and Shawna Cozens

Shawna Cozens and me

Ada, Shawna Cozens, and me

Jocelyn, Erin, and Shawna Cozens

Shawna Cozens.

Shawna Cozens and Jonny. nee neeee neeee

Raquel, me, Jason, and Shawna Cozens

Shawna Cozens, me, and Raquel (hey! Guys! We all have dark hair in this one! Has that ever happened before?)

Shawna Cozens and Kristy (in the back. Hi Kristy!)

Shawna Cozens and Jason

Erin, Lonica, Shawna Cozens, Me, Jennifer, and Raquel

Speaking of Lonica, for reasons unbeknownst to me, I have this picture of her sleeping on a bench.

It's totally unrelated, but I found it while looking for pictures of Shawna Cozens and had to blog it.

Somewhere around here I have a really awesome picture of Shawna Cozens and I in gumby hats and she's squeezing my face real good (I look hot). But I have no clue where it is, which makes me really sad (hey Shawna Cozens, do you have a copy of that pic somewheres??)

One time Shawna Cozens and I were in government class during our junior year of high school and we were sitting on the couch at the back of class and Shawna Cozens looked at me and said, "Your cleavage looks really good today." It was one of the defining moments of my high school career and I have Shawna Cozens to thank for it.

Shawna Cozens is going to be moving to New York this year with her awesome Jewish boyfriend.

Shawna Cozens is about to graduate from ASU (finally :) love you Shawna Cozens)

Shawna Cozens is possibly going to kick my butt because of this post.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. you are absurd
2. im pretty sure dan and i spent half an hour googling ourselves last weekend. so, that could have something to do with it.
3. i rock :)

loves!

Nikki said...

Congratulations, you are #1 in Google for Shawna Cozens. :)

Lonica said...

Shawna might kick your butt, but only if she beats me to it. Of all the pictures you could post of me (and I don't really mind that you would post a picture of me), you could at least pick a couple where I look attractive. For some reason I was having a fat day at Raquel's wedding and the hand in my face doesn't really help. The one on the bench is clearly not my best shot. The only consolation is that my face is mostly hidden and I could claim that it's really a picture of almost anyone. I honestly don't even remember owning a pair of jeans that looked like that... hmmmm...

Unknown said...

OMG those were some old pictures. I'm pretty sure Shawna is officially wierded out. I guess I'm not a good enough friend of hers b/c I had to find out on your blog that she is moving. Is that for sure? If so, I think I will need to do some butt kicking myself. Thanks for blogging about Shawna so I could some info from somewhere.

Melody B. said...

Love that you continually refer to her with first and last name!

Becky said...

Go Kayla GO!! Let us know how it turns out!

Bart said...

I googled her just to see for myself if you were successful, and indeed you were first. This very post, in fact. Nicely done.