Monday, February 18, 2008

How Late is Too Late?

Because I recently learned how to create polls I'm going to use one to seek an answer to one of the burning questions of my life:

How late is too late to call someone?

More specifically, how late is too late to call someone for non-emergency church related things (ie regular week to week and month to month business type stuff-VT reports, meeting scheduling, reminders, etc)?

I ask because over the past couple of years I have gotten numerous calls at a time of night that I considered too late (mostly from the same person and if you're reading this blog I very much doubt it's you). I say this knowing that Aaron and I tended toward fairly early bedtimes due to our work schedules and that may skew things, but I want to know what everyone else thinks.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

If anyone calls me after 8:30 I typically get pretty angry. I'm tired. Leave me alone.

Melody B. said...

I'm such a late nighter that I don't mind. IF it's apst 11:00pm though I get a little worried because usually people have gone to bed by then (not me) and I think something's wrong. Plus I feel like my family is really asleep by then and I don't want to wake them!

Peterson Fam said...

It really depends on the family...I would call Melody after 10 and even 11 if I had something I needed to know (usually I just email), but I try not to bug people like Becky after 10 because she is usually in bed. I have to make lots of phone calls...church related and I usually end the church calls close to 8:00pm. It depends on how desperate I am to get a hold of this person. If I know they have teenagers and so the chances that they'll be in bed before 9...then I might push 9. I guess it could be on the other spectrum...what if they were calling at like 6 or 7 in the morning. I'd be much more forgiving at 11 at night than at 6 in the morning. But families can be so different.

Becky said...

I too go to bed early. But I think after 9:30pm. Unless it's important. However, once I get my kids in bed-- I usually remember phone calls I have to make...so I am pushing the 9 o'clock hour, I do sometimes worry. I yell at the telamarketers that call after 8 though, I think that's rude!!