So, I've heard a few people talk about Golden Spoon. Mostly Bethany and her hubby Andre and a couple other friends in the ward and they talked about how much they loved it and I was kind of a little embarrassed for them because they were so in love with a restaurant mostly frequented by the septuagenarian set. I mean, I like buffets as much as the next person, but seriously.
And finally I figured out that I was confusing Golden Spoon with Golden Corral (this took several months). The name confusion is understandable, but they are two completely different concepts. For those who are like me and were unaware, Golden Corral is a kind of gross old person buffet (as in, old people go there, not you go and eat old people) and Golden Spoon is a frozen yogurt place.
As it happens, it's a frozen yogurt place extremely close to my house. And today I happened to be on a walk with a Golden Spoon loving friend who happened to have a buy 1 get 1 coupon and a couple bucks burning a hole in her wallet. And thus, I had my first frozen yogurt at Golden Spoon and lo, I have been converted. And I repent of my ignorance and stupidity and my faith is restored in the tastes of my dear friends. And please no one comment about how much they love Golden Corral because then I'll be embarrassed about bashing it. Thanks.
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
So what are the good flavors for you regulars? So far I enjoy the fruity flavors and the simple Chocolate or Vanilla. We haven't been in months. It's fun to walk there for a family outing. We always order a quart and split it...the 4 or 5 of us. I heard people talking in line once about how amazing coconut was, but I wasn't quite as enthusiastic...it was good though. So I would love some recommendations. It's nice to have a splurge so close by!
So fun, to discover a new haven of deliciousness. Alas, no Golden Spoon here for me to rush out and try. Have an extra spoonful for me!
We ride our bikes there at least once a week-- I like chocolate and a fruity flavor, or penaut butter! BTW...I have about 40 BYGO Free coupons, if you ever need any...they dont check the expiration dates on them.
coconut is so good Bethany!!
Post a Comment