For some reason, I am the type of person who hears about something cool and immediately runs the other way.
Considering I only just recently gave in to Google Reader, it should come as no surprise that I only just barely decided to give Pandora a try.
I know, seriously, what do I do with my life?? Aaron told me about Pandora like a year ago and I immediately decided I wanted nothing to do with it and I have no idea why except for maybe I am just crazy.
For anyone else who is also living under a rock/refusing to give in to new technology and awesomeness, Pandora is a free internet radio service that takes the music you like and creates new stations with similar sounding stuff for your listening pleasure. So, say you're really into Josh Groban (holla), you just type in his name and Pandora pulls together a radio station made up of people whose style resembles Josh Groban. And then you can find like 4 other golden voiced boys you would be willing to leave your husband for.
I've spent the past 3 hours or so importing all my cds into iTunes (I'm not sure how much more technologically delayed I could admit to being in this post) and decided I wanted to see what Pandora might have for me in the event that I wanted to expand my music collection. I created an Imogen Heap station and it kept me happy for like an hour. I fell in love with 2 new artists in that time and got to hear some Regina Spektor in the mix. And I am kicking myself for living without this until now.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Big fan of Pandora. Apparently I've been technology deficient as well, since I have yet to really recognize how cool it is. I have always wished I've had a personal radio station that will play whatever I'm in the mood for. It's awesome!
I know Jeff and Janell love Pandora. I haven't personally checked it out yet, just lovin' my playlist on my blog.
Pandora in the LRC has changed my life.
i can't comment on raquel's blog because i dont have a blogger account... so this applies to both of you.
DONT GET ANY IDEAS.
love, shawna
ps: baby-daddy got the job!
THIS is exactly the phenomenon I was trying to describe in my photoshop post. I think you uncovered the underlying reason.
On a side note, Gavin is laying across my lap sleeping on his tummy and totally tooted in my face while I was typing this. Lovely!
Post a Comment