Have you ever been in the middle of reading a book and put it down somewhere and forgotten about it and then wandered around your house for a couple days feeling vaguely uneasy like, "I swear I was DOING something, what was it.." and then you remember, HEY! That book! And you go find it and finish it and feel better? (I'm not going to be embarrassed when you read this and think to yourself, "Um. No. That's just you.")
I've been feeling like that this week. Like there was something missing and I couldn't put my finger on it. It was driving me crazy because I wasn't in the middle of any books, I have a multitude of projects that I'm working on, but it wasn't any of those, and I just didn't know.
Then, the other night, I watched some Seinfeld (pumping + feeding my child = lots of time on the couch watching movies/tv shows on DVD). And then it hit me.
Cereal.
I hadn't had a bowl of cereal in WEEKS. And, you have to understand, I could live off of cereal. And I'm not being dramatic. While I was pregnant 3 bowls of cereal was pretty standard breakfast fare. And it often ended up being lunch fare as well. And then I had to force myself to eat something else for dinner just so I wouldn't end up having cereal for all 3 meals. It was much the same pre-pregnancy (2 bowls instead of 3 though). The lack of cereal in my life was making me feel off and a little uneasy.
So tonight after putting Wes and Aaron down (ok, Aaron put his own self down, but you know) for the night, I went to the grocery store and bought 5 glorious boxes of cereal and a gallon of milk. And then I had a bowl. And all is now right with the world.
I believe in the power of cereal. Amen.
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
There's nothing like a big bowl of Cap'n Crunch with icy cold milk. Mmmm I wish I had some.
What kind of cereal? I love Cocoa Puffs, Golden Grahams, Crispix, Banana Nut Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios, etc...I remember being a little kid and thinking that they didn't put NEARLY enough marshmallows in Lucky Charms and now that I am older I feel like that's all that's in there!:)
I loves me some cereal!! I eat a big ol' bowl of Grape Nuts every morning. When I was alone over the summer, my cupboard had 6 different boxes of cereal in it at all times. And only one of my kids likes cereal and only sometimes- it was all mine!!!
You go girl!!
I wasn't joking when I commented on Janssen's blog that the best way to save money was to eat cereal.
The best, and most delicious.
You failed to mention it, what's your favorite cereal? Scott's is "Strawberry Awake"--the Walmart version of Special K with Strawberries. (I refuse to buy the name brand because it is like twice as expensive as most of the other kinds!)
I would totally love a bowl of cereal right now. It's always the perfect answer...snack? Eat cereal. Breakfast? Eat cereal. I think I have easily 15 boxes and none of them sound good...dang it! When I was pregnant I was much easier to please. Love your last line...so true!
I go for ice cream! I'm not a cereal person!
Post a Comment