Friday, February 22, 2008

Hitchcock


I love old movies. But mostly, I love Hitchcock movies. I recently found a set of 20 of his early films for $10 at Best Buy and nearly fell over in my rush to get to the register to buy it. The man is awesome. His films are awesome. His brand of scary is awesome. Love him.

Vanity Fair just did a great shoot featuring current stars recreating some famous scenes from Hitchcock's more well known films. My favorites are Charlize Theron in Dial M for Murder (above) and Marion Cotillard in Psycho. See the whole set here. And then go to Blockbuster and rent them all, because it's definitely been too long since you (I) have seen these.

(via m.writes)

4 comments:

{ Bethany } said...

I remember my first Hitchcock de-virginizing: 7th grade...sleepover...Psycho.

Good times.

I also quite love The Birds. She had nice dress suits...and hair.

I think thats all I've ever seen?!??

{ Bethany } said...

Wow, I just looked at the pics, I didnt realize he had that many movies! :X Next time you want a movie buddy, give me a call!!! :D

Melody B. said...

K, something sad? Didn't even know that Hitchcock did Psycho! Can I still call myself a big movie buff? Actually tyoing it out I should probably never call myself that...it's very manly!:P

P.S. Mama doesn't do scary movies, even the Hitchcock kind.

chosha said...

Hitchcock movies are awesome. He knew how to time things perfectly so that when the scary bits happened you were already primed with tension.