Last year, Aaron and I got really excited and ended up opening ALL our presents Christmas eve (how old are we, 5?). It was strangely exhilarating. Who was going to stop us from opening our presents early?? NO ONE! I don't think we'll make that a tradition though. It was kind of sad waking up Christmas morning and not having any presents under our tree. I'll try to exercise some restraint this year.
This year I'm hoping for:
As an aside, isn't it funny how Christmases evolve as you get older? My wish list was about 2 items long this year (robe, books) and I'm pretty sure I'm getting both and anything else is just icing on the cake. Whereas, when I was little, my wish list was like 100 items long and it was all about quantity. The more presents the better! It was fun and exciting to be a kid on Christmas, but I kind of like what it has become: a day to relax, get a few things you want or need that you may not have ever gotten for yourself, hang out with family that you don't normally get to see (yay Nikki is coming!) and remember the Savior.





3 comments:
Yah, wrap that robe up for me also. I'll take two.
I bought myself the softest robe for mother's day last year. Every mom needs a good robe!!
**And I cant believe you opened all your presents on Christmas Eve...you're going to be a mom in a few short months, you need to be a better example to Wes than that come on!!!
I know, I'm so ashamed!
Post a Comment