Monday, December 10, 2007

DM Photo

All right, I finally got clearance to blog about this. Actually, I probably could have blogged about it before but didn't want to until things were more up and running. Aaron and friend/business partner Jed decided to open up their own little photography business!

Aaron has always enjoyed photography and has taken some really great shots that are up and framed around our house, but after we got our camera he realized that he was really quite passionate about it. He and Jed had been looking for some kind of business idea to hopefully pull in a little extra income on the sides so their wifeys could stay home and have babies and they decided that photography was something they could really get into.

And so DM (Davis/Moncur) Photo was born. They do all kinds of photography: event, portrait sports, babies, families, resume photos, whatever. They may end up choosing an area of focus later, but for now they're gung ho about whatever opportunities are given them.

Their website with a small sampling of their work (some of which you have already seen since I've blogged about it) can be found here: DMPhotogallery.com. It's not totally finished and Aaron is constantly working on it, but it's getting there!

Also, because they're still trying to get started and get their name out there, they are currently doing everything for free!! So if you still need a family Christmas card picture, give them a try! Want cute photos of the kids to send to grandma? Call Aaron! Need baby shots? They do that too!

They can shoot anywhere (indoors, outdoors, your home, whatever. They have a portable backdrop, too) and can be really flexible.

We recently shot Bethany and her family and all they wanted was one good family photo for Christmas. You can read what she had to say about the experience here.

I do a lot of the editing for DM Photo, so if you take photos with us you give me a chance to play in Photoshop! Also, I'm open to suggestions, so if you want this one in black and white or that one with a fun effect on it, I'll work with you.

Aaron and Jed's contact info is on the website under "Contact Us", so give them a call!

6 comments:

Melody B. said...

The site looks great, there are some great shots! I am so excited about this Saturday!

eleka nahmen said...

Yay for Photoshop! I'm becoming obsessed with it these days. Perhaps I'll have to hit you up for tips since you're pretty much a professional photo editor now :)

Noelle said...

That's so exciting! I really like how the site is laid out and they have a really nice portfolio started! Good work with the photo editing. :) Did you learn it just by doing it or do you have previous experience?

TheMoncurs said...

Melody-we're excited too! Your girls are just so cute, it'll be fun to shoot (and edit) them.

Eleka-we like to pretend we're professionals! Seriously though, I really had to kick it up a notch and there's a pretty significant difference between my earlier stuff and the stuff I'm cranking out now. I've gotten way better and I'm still learning. It's way fun! I don't blame you for becoming obsessed. It's such an awesome program!

Noelle-I just learned by doing. Before, I just knew enough to make my personal photos presentable for scrapbooking and framing but now I'm learning some more advanced stuff and having a blast with it.

Becky said...

That's a great little business. My friend started her's about 3 years ago and now she is so busy, she cant keep up with it!! You and Aaron make a great team.

{ Bethany } said...

Yay! Aaron is an awesome photographer!!! I am totally gonna have him take pictures of the kids!!