Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Recipe: Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzels

My mom gives these out to friends and neighbors and there's usually someone who blames her and these pretzels for their holiday weight gain.

1 package (14 oz) caramels
1/4 cup butter, cubed
2 tablespoons water
5 cups miniature pretzels (the twisty kind, not sticks)
1 jar (18 0z) chunky peanut butter
26 oz milk chocolate candy coating

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with butter and water. Stir until smooth. Spread one side of each pretzel with 1 tsp peanut butter and top with 1/2 tsp caramel mixture. Place on waxed paper lined baking sheets and refrigerate until set.

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating. Using a small fork, dip each pretzel into coating until completely covered. Shake off excess and place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.

2 comments:

Jennifer Smith said...

Thanks. I was looking for a good treat to share with my neighbors for the holidays.

Anonymous said...

This recipe is perfect! I stumbled upon it with a Google search for "chocolate, pretzels, caramel, and peanut butter." I sure am glad I found it! It was easy to do and cheap. Thanks for sharing this recipe that is sure to become a holiday tradition for me! Merry Christmas! Leslee from Oklahoma