Last night I had my first honest-to-goodness random stranger belly grope.
Aaron and I went to Cafe Rio for $1 taco night and this old man came up to me while I was in line and started rubbing my belly and said, "Soooo! What do we have in heeeere? A boy or a little girl??" And I was actually too stunned to answer because he was a close talker and was like 5 inches from my face and he was RUBBING MY BELLY. I don't even let Aaron do that. I finally told him it was a boy and he told me that he LOVES boys because he has 5 sons and like 22 grandsons and their family seems incapable of producing a girl (still with his hand on my belly). I didn't even really know what to say to that.
Aaron and I went to Cafe Rio for $1 taco night and this old man came up to me while I was in line and started rubbing my belly and said, "Soooo! What do we have in heeeere? A boy or a little girl??" And I was actually too stunned to answer because he was a close talker and was like 5 inches from my face and he was RUBBING MY BELLY. I don't even let Aaron do that. I finally told him it was a boy and he told me that he LOVES boys because he has 5 sons and like 22 grandsons and their family seems incapable of producing a girl (still with his hand on my belly). I didn't even really know what to say to that.





5 comments:
Yikes, you have just touched on one of my biggest fears about someday being pregnant. I have no desire to be treated like a lucky Buddha or a treasure troll by complete strangers.
Gross! I was lucky and only got touched a few times-never rubbed. Creepy. I would feel violated.
It seems like it was always women in Relief Society who wanted to touch my belly...not strange men...wierd! You think they'd at least say, "do you mind?" before doing it!
Weird...next time SCREAM!! I'll bet he'll never do that again.
WEIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!! I'm getting all sorts of cringe-y creepy crawlies just thinking about that.
Post a Comment