Have you ever been behind someone getting ready to turn and the blinking of their turn signal exactly matches the clicking of yours? It's really rare! I think I've only had it happen twice. I think the rarity is what makes it exciting.
I am now a loyal and devoted fan of QT gas stations. Why? Clean public restrooms. I'm not sure why public restrooms are so hard to find in the city (on the freeway in the middle of nowhere Utah? Sure! Lost in Phoenix trying to find a property and you really have to pee? Sorry. You just have to drive the hour home). Which reminds me of a quote by Dave: "Free public bathrooms is what makes America great." Tell that to all the local gas station attendants!
This doesn't happen much to me now since my car is stick, but you know when you're driving an automatic and you pull to a stop somewhere with just enough incline that you can take your foot off the brake and not go anywhere? I really love that.
There's a sign for "Mesa Public Schools" that I pass to and from work every day. Someone is always stealing the L in "Public". And I always shake my head in disappointment because, oh, the immaturity of it all! Stupid teenagers! Where are their parents? And then I giggle. Because it IS kind of funny. Mesa Pubic Schools...
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
You crack me up.
Ok, so I have a confession. I am a little OCD on turn signals. If I am behind a person, I purposely sync mine with theirs so that my clicking noise matches their flashing light. If there are multiple cars around with turn signals on and they are all off, I have to look away until the light changes because it bothers me so much!
Caitlin, you are so weird. And I love you for it.
Hey! I just rode in a Pubic elevator today!!
We cracked up.
Ok, apparently you don't remember the huge bird with only one eye, or the gross monsters that go stomping through the forest. Creepy! I do still like it, though.
Post a Comment