Nicole Whiting tagged me to do this little marriage meme. Aaron doesn't get as much blog time as the baby and I do, so I thought it would be fun to write a little about him and our marriage.
1. What is his name: Aaron B. Moncur (with all the personal info I post on here, I'll refrain from posting his middle name. Would you like is SSN instead?)
2. How long have you been married: 2 years in 2 weeks from today (yay anniversary!)
3. How long did you date: We sort of skipped that part..
4. How old is he: 28! When I call him a creepy old man he always responds with "I'm not old!"
5. Who eats more: We're both pretty light eaters. Unless it's pizza. Then he wins this category.
6. Who said I love you first? He did. After we first talked about getting married. Things get a little screwy when you move as quickly as we did.
7. Who is taller: Aaron, by 6 inches
8. Who sings better: Aaron, for sure. He can actually sing different parts! I can barely handle the melody.
9. Who is smarter: We both have our strengths. One thing that I love about Aaron is that, if he doesn't know about something and he wishes he did, he will research it to death. It's really admirable that he's willing to take the time to continue learning things!
10. Whose temper is worse: Mmm..that really depends. I'd say it's probably a toss up.
11. Who does the laundry: We each do our own! We started off sharing, but I have way more clothes than he does, so he was constantly running out before me and doing the laundry. But then he wouldn't fold or hang up my clothes (I hung his up when I did the wash, for the record), so they'd just end up in a wrinkly pile. When I finally helped him understand that smelly or wrinkly, I can't wear them either way, we decided to just do our own.
12. Who does the dishes: We both do. I'd say he's more likely to take everything from the sink and put it all in the dishwasher and I'm a bit more likely to not leave it in the sink in the first place. But dishes are one thing he's really pretty good at doing.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: If you're standing at the foot looking at the head, he does.
14. Who pays the bills: Our paychecks both contribute, but considering I don't even know if we have automatic billing for everything (I think we might?), we'll say Aaron. Because he probably knows and that makes him the pay-er.
15. Who mows the lawn: We don't have one! If the question is "Who pulls the weeds in the rock?" then the answer is "After a lot of nagging, Aaron." Or "Who maintains the backyard?" the answer is "No one. I wish it was Aaron."
16. Who cooks dinner: We both do. When I cook, I usually cook for both of us. When I don't cook, Aaron usually makes something for himself. Usually a hot dog or something with rice. Occasionally Aaron will pull out all the stops though and make us something awesome.
17. Who drives when you are together: Me. When Aaron drives I nag him about...everything. And it gets ugly. So I just drive. Unless I'm not feeling well then I hand him the keys and just close my eyes.
18. Who is more stubborn: We both definitely have our moments.
19. Who is the first to admit they are wrong: Me. At some point I was like, "Do you realize that I am ALWAYS apologizing first??" and he grudgingly admitted that ya, I'm always the one who tries to make nice. Since then I think he's done it a couple times.
20. Whose parents do you see the most: Mine. Makes sense since they're 6 minutes versus 6 hours away. And driving there costs approximately 7 cents versus $700 (per person!).
21. Who has more friends: Umm...me? I really don't know. We have a lot of friends in common these days.
22. Who has more siblings: it's a tie. 2 and 2! Which is nice because we both think 3 kids is the perfect number. Family planning has never been an issue for us.
23. Who wears the pants: If we're talking about money, then Aaron. He definitely controls the purse strings. If we're talking about other things, he's a lot more laid back than me and is willing to just let me take over. So half and half, I'd say.
Ok so I know I'm supposed to tag people but I really hate doing that, so I'm going to tag people who don't blog much and who might appreciate some blog fodder...Nikki and Christy! And Nicole M., it probably would have been you too, but you blogged yesterday (I loved Enchanted too!), so you're good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I like this! (Can I say how much I liked the idea of doing one's own laundry until I realized that really, I hate laundry period, so unless Bart started doing all of it, I will hate it).
Also, I'm always the one to make nice too.
And I never drive when Bart is in the car unless it's a long trip and he's tired.
You and Aaron are cute. We love you guys!
You call your husband a creepy old man? Seriously? That's funny!!
That was fun to read. You guys are going to be such fun, cute parents!!
Post a Comment