Back in February I was looking for frames at Goodwill when I found a huge awesome one. I called Aaron and said, "Do we happen to need a 2'x4' frame?" and he said, "As a matter of fact..."
So I brought it home and ordered some glass to fit.
Back in December Aaron took this gorgeous panoramic picture of Kuoloa Park near where he grew up on Oahu and he'd been dying to print it out. He ordered a nice big print on metallic paper and it arrived and we oohed and ahhed and then it sat and sat and sat waiting for me to deconstruct and paint the frame.
Finally, I pulled out the old nasty oil painting and used a toothbrush to bleach the fabric mat. And then it sat some more.
This morning I decided it was time to finally finish this thing. I busted out some spray paint, did a little dry brushing with some gold, and put it all together.
Wes was dying, he just. wanted. to. TOUCH.
And now it's done! Aaand we have no idea where to hang it.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
That frame looks amazing and that picture Aaron took is beautiful. I'm sure you'll find the perfect place to hang it up.
I don't think it matter where you hang it; it looks incredible!
Post a Comment