I was at the grocery store the other day and overheard a conversation between two mothers in the checkout line. One commented that her two small children follow her from room to room all day long and it drives her NUTS. She can't turn around without stepping on one of them.
I had to laugh because Wes does the exact same thing. He's my little shadow all day long and there's nothing I can do to dislodge him (except turn on Cars. That's pretty effective). I have to be careful if I turn around while holding something because I've clocked him on the head more than once with a laundry basket.
The other lady commented that her teenagers still follow her from room to room. She has had to very nicely push her chattering 15 year old out of the bathroom so she could pee. We all stood in thoughtful silence as we contemplated being followed around for eighteen years.
That night we went to my parents' house for dinner and I was about to tell my mom about this conversation when I realized: I was following her around the house. I had tailed her into three different rooms while she went about her business.
Apparently you never really outgrow shadowing your mommy.
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I was going to say, "yeah, my nephews still follow my sister around even if they're not talking to her" and then I got to the part about following around your mom. I think it's a forever thing. At least you probably have the reflexes by this point that you can move before your mom hits you with her laundry.
Full circle moment!
Too funny!
That's hilarious.
So awesome. For some reason I like the image of teenagers following their parents around the house, talking their ears off. I hope ours do that to at least some extent.
My mo, always referred to this as "The Mom Magnet". Heck, we still follow her into the bathroom and wait outside the door to talk to her!
Post a Comment