Thursday, June 03, 2010

Sharing

This picture has nothing to do with this post. But he's just so precious!

A few things I've loved over the past couple weeks:

-This post over at Segullah entitled, "Mommy Can't Be Martha Too." I'm kind of fanatical about keeping a clean house (the people who knew me in high school and college are raising eyebrows of skepticism right now but it's true!). It's to the point where Wes is constantly saying, "Uh oh..mess!" over a few crumbs and this was a good reminder that my kids and husband might prefer me to spend a little more time with them and a little less time with a wet rag.

-This recipe card maker from Skip to My Lou. Also, check out those red white and blue cupcakes! It's too late for Memorial Day, but the Fourth of July is coming right up!

-This tiered terracotta planter that my sister's sister-in-law shared on her craft blog is just too pretty. I've been feeling the gardening urge lately (it's the heat...it makes me crave greenery). I think I need to make one for our blah front patio.

-Speaking of Sumo's craft blog, she just posted about a really great service opportunity. There are a couple groups collecting pillowcase dresses for little girls in Africa (check out the sweet pictures at the top of this page). I even have a few pillowcases in my sewing room that I've been meaning to make into dresses but didn't know who to make them for. Looks like I'll be doing a bit of sewing this week!



Also, there was a surprising amount of interest in my recipe keepers. When I finish the project in a few weeks I'll share the file with whoever wants it. What's the point of going through the effort if I'm not going to spread the love?

5 comments:

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

Haha, that made me laugh. I don't know if I dare bring up what you said to me when I would make my bed in the morning at BC, but I will: "Why always make it when you're just going to get in it later tonight?". Now it's the end of the day and a lot of times MY bed isn't made!

Heather said...

Love the picture!

I'm afraid I err on the side of mess. It was torture for me keeping the house show-worthy for two months. I need to find a happy medium.

Becca said...

Yes yes, share the recipes.

Star said...

I, too, am waiting anxiously for your recipes!!! Do share when you are finished.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Thanks for linking back about the dresses!