Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And It's Only Just Starting.

The heat is killing my will to live.

I had a ridiculously busy day on Thursday but I HAD to pick up a book from the library because it was the last day they were going to hold it and if I didn't pick it up they would charge me 50 cents and give it to the next person on the waiting list. So I loaded the kids in the car and drove over to the library. We parked in a 15 minute slot and I didn't even bother with a stroller. I hauled Jones in his carseat and made Wes walk. We ran in, grabbed my book, checked it out, and ran back out.

And my car wouldn't start.*

Oh, and did I mention it was the hottest day of the year? Because it was the hottest day of the year. It was 112 degrees at 5:30 and Aaron wasn't going to be home until 7:30 at the earliest. I asked a couple people to help but for one reason or another (all legit) they couldn't. I hauled the kids back into the air conditioned library and called my dad who called a local auto place who finally came and gave me a jump.

I am proud to report that, despite how incredibly miserable and frustrating it was standing out in the heat with 2 red-cheeked sweaty kids, I didn't burst into tears until we were on the way home.

And then yesterday? Our A/C went out.**

Killll meeeee.

*apparently car batteries only last a few years because of the heat in AZ. Who knew??
**it has since been fixed, thank heavens.

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Were you guys affected by the big power outage in Phoenix? Everyone in my mom's neighborhood is hanging around outside since no power means no AC ... yikes!

Anonymous said...

do you not know how to start a dead battery without a jump? its the BEST thing about driving stick. it requires a little pushing but if you look pathetic enough trying to push your car in a parking lot there are sure to be some people that stop and help.

angela hardison said...

yep. i'm pretty sure we are all insane for living here. it's basically hell.

Becky said...

I'm so sorry. thats the worst!! I'd have picked u up, had i been in town. A/c units, electricity outages and car probs... the story of my life this summer. It stinks.

Unknown said...

I totally feel your pain. We were driving to the airport on Thursday when our car window stopped working...while it was down. We had to drive 2 hours in that heat. Even with the air on, you couldn't feel it. I was literally wiping the girls' faces with wet wipes and making them suck on ice because I was so worried about heat exhaustion.