Thursday, June 10, 2010

In Love

I saw these wedges months ago in a magazine (Real Simple?) right after I decided I needed a cute pair of wedges for summer and I got a serious case of WANT. Except it turned out they weren't available yet so I joined the mailing list and saved my pennies and waited very patiently and they FINALLY became available last week. Mine arrived today and I loooove them.

And yes, my legs ARE that white.

______________________________________________________


I finally finished it last night. I am in mourning...I almost wish there was a sequel just so I could hang out with the characters a bit longer except I worry a sequel might ruin it (there actually is a sequel but it's not by Margaret Mitchell so it doesn't count). Also, I choose to believe that Rhett can't stay away (he never could before!) and he falls in love again and they live happily, if a bit tempestuously, ever after. I don't think I can live in a world where Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara don't end up together.

______________________________________________________


There is nothing better than a fat, freshly bathed baby clothed in a little gown you made just for him.

7 comments:

Celia said...

You should read/watch the sequel "Scarlet." Although it is ridiculous (and finished by a different author), it makes the reader's heart happy. I, too, cannot live in a world where they aren't together. I love that book!

Becca said...

THOSE SHOES ARE SO HOT.

Margot said...

I love those shoes!

Kimberly said...

I kindly disagree about reading the sequel. I tried and it made me sad. Although in my world they're already back together, so it's okay.

Love the shoes!

Lonica said...

I too went through a major Gone with the Wind phase. I'm not even sure how many times I read it... I read the sequel too. While it isn't as good as the orignal--how could you expect it to be? It is worth reading...

Isabel said...

I read "Scarlett" the summer after I graduated from high school. I'd lay out every day and read a few chapters.

Holy crap, IT IS HORRIBLE. I was mad at the Mitchell family for allowing it to be published. Save your time and money and just forget that book even exists.

Instead, read "Lonesome Dove".

(I heart your shoes.)

Cara said...

LOVE those shoes! I've got Gone with the Wind on my wishlist, and I think I"m going to get it next time I'm at the library. My nightstand is full of non-fiction right now, and I REALLY need a good, long novel to read. The way you feel about the Gone With the Wind characters is exactly how I feel about the characters from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. I can't get enough of them! If you haven't read that yet, I'd definitely recommend it.