Monday, August 04, 2008

Blah de Blah de Blah

I was in the middle of writing a post about my trip when I realized it was getting really long and there was a distinct possibility that no one cared about the details. So here's the Reader's Digest version because I have nothing else to blog about:

The trip didn't really go exactly as planned. Nikki, Aaron, and Sam ended up staying in Phoenix because they couldn't get on a flight to Seattle. Mom, Dad, Wes and I ended up staying in Seattle an extra night because we couldn't get on a flight home.

Verdict? Flying standby sucks rocks.

However, my grandpa's memorial was really really lovely and I had a great time seeing friends and family.

And I read Breaking Dawn in its entirety while stranded at the airport all day Sunday.

So it was a decent trip.

3 comments:

Austin said...

and what is the verdict on Breaking Dawn?

TheMoncurs said...

I'll write my review after it's been out a bit longer. I'm not one who can talk about books without giving away major plot points, so I'm going to give people a chance to read it first!

Kristy said...

Ah, the joys of standby. I know them well. Glad at least a few of you made it. After our ~2 years of standby travel, Joel was actually ok with paying for tickets again--it greatly reduces the stress. It also greatly reduces the amount of travel we do - you can't win them all.