For example, we all know I really don't like bugs. I don't like killing them either because the crunching or smooshing or whatever really grosses me out. And if I DO kill one I don't like cleaning up the bug guts because that's just nasty. So, most of the time, I just leave the harmless type ones alone since they'll probably find their way out of my house eventually.
Today, a cricket happened to cross my path on the pergo while I was wearing shoes. That doesn't happen very often as I am usually barefoot and they tend to like my carpet (ground in bug guts is like the ultimate in nastiness. The carpet ones in particular get left alone). But conditions were right so I squished it. But then there were bug guts in the middle of my hall and I didn't want to clean them up because they were gross. So I left them there. Which totally made sense at the time.
(I think that maybe the 15 year old in my head (you know, the one who says "like" a lot) thinks my mom is going to come and clean the bug guts off my floor. Because Aaron is certainly not going to do it)
Aaron and I snuggled up on the couch to watch a movie with all the lights off. I got up at some point to change into my pajamas and, forgetting about the bug guts, stepped on them with my bare foot.
Wes was sleeping, so I silently freaked my way out to my bedroom where I quickly wiped my foot on the carpet. And I left the guts there because I didn't want to clean them up. Which totally made sense at the time.
Then, I changed into my pajamas and headed back to the living room. Knowing there were bug guts somewhere near my bedroom door, I just did a little leap over the remaining 3 feet of carpet and resumed movie watching. Because leaping made more sense than cleaning up the nasty bug guts.
Over the course of the evening I kept having to go in and out of my room, which necessitated more leaping. I wouldn't have had to leap if I turned on the light to figure out where the guts were so I could avoid them (or, you know, if I just cleaned them up), but I really didn't want to turn on my light (I'd have to find the remote and it's just. so. much. effort), so I just kept leaping. Which totally made sense at the time.
I think you understand what I'm saying. Which is: can someone please come clean the bug guts from my bedroom carpet? I'm getting tired of leaping.
BONUS: My friend Melody, upon seeing Aaron with his Homeless Hair on Saturday night, remarked that he lookeds kinda like Christopher Walken. Which he totally did.


Unfortunately, none of my pictures fully demonstrated how terrible his hair looked. And how much it looked like Christopher Walken's.
He took the comparison as a compliment. Apparently he really likes Christopher Walken.
And, because Aaron would only let me take his picture if I included this:
"Guess what?! I've got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"
But it's ok, because last night he gave in and busted out the clippers. Hallelujah! My husband is hot again. Well, he was never NOT hot, but..I really like him with short hair.





3 comments:
Seriously, my favorite post yet.:P A few things...
*Is leaping REALLY less energy than finding the REMOTE (hint the word "remote" suggests laziness) and clicking the light on!? The way I see it, you are either going to FINALLY break down and clean it up (like the otter pop)...OR your leaps are going to give the people on SYTYCD a run for their money!:P
*The pose for the pic...perfect. He is only allowed to take it as a compliment if I were saying it about his acting skills...cause come on...Christopher Walken is AWESOME! But...I wasn't. :P
*I was DYING laughing at the quote. I LOVE that SNL skit. "I gotta have more cow bell!"
*Can't wait to see the haircut you gave him. I bet it's EXTRA short in case he tries this whole "homeless" look again. You know, to buy yourself some time.;) I know what's happenin' tonight now that homeless Larry has exited the picture. I knew he wouldn't be able to hold out for very long. You should have thought of THAT earlier...now you know!:)
Melody told me to check out your post...I think she liked it! :) I, of course like it, but am always entertained and amused by your posts...so I have come to expect great things. Anyhow, I too, have always especially hated "the crunch" of bugs (crickets and roaches are definitely the worst with roaches being the worst worst worst). But what I do makes a little more sense than what you do...at least to me. I drop one of Adam's shoes on the bug (while I close my eyes and plug one ear) and then I leave the shoe there...sometimes for days. Luckily Adam will clean up the mess for me if I ask. Somedays, there are several shoes laying around the house. Last night, Adam went to put his flip flop on and turned it over and there happened to be like 3 different parts of 3 different crickets on the bottom of both shoes...ha! I guess he mainly cleans up the mess on the floor. Another great thing that has happened to me recently with the bug situation is that my kids LOVE to help kill them...especially hoppy crickets that give them quite the game. They get their own shoes and Lucy will get a wipe and clean it up even. SO there is hope...you can make Wes into the man Aaron is not! :) I hope I have topped Melody's lengthy comment! Good luck with the bugs and I love Aaron's pic...I have a feeling he may regret having that one documented...although it is pure AWESOME!
I'm totally dying!! Kent asked me what was so funny when we were talking outside!! He does look like Christopher Walken...that is so funny. But I'm glad he's sporting a shorter doo!!
Post a Comment