Here's what I've gotten out of blogging:
- Friends Probably the best thing I've gotten out of this little site. When I first got married I was really lonely. After years of living with female roommates I just really missed the companionship of other girls. And then I got stuck in Primary where I didn't really even have a shot at making friends with the girls in my ward. Then Bethany found out I had a blog. And then she linked to me. And then the other girls in my ward found me. And then we all became friends. And it was a total lifesaver. And then there are the long distance friends who I've met or gotten to know better through blogging. And people from high school and college who I have come to love through their blogs and their comments. And there's just lots of friend love floating around here. It makes me really happy.
- Fun with Writing I have always loved writing. I always pretended to cringe when teachers assigned essays, but inside I was like, YAAAY! Blogging is even better than essays because I can just assign myself a topic and go to town. And I don't have to worry about things like grammar or punctuation or excessive use of the word "like." Blogging is a lazy writer's heaven.
- Loving Myself This was a really surprising gift I got from blogging. A few months ago I realized that I am really really happy with who I am these days. I'm happy with my looks, my personality, my life, everything. And when I tried to figure out where this love and confidence came from I realized that it stemmed, in large part, from blogging. I put myself out there (I mean, REALLY out there. You people know that I drool in my sleep) almost every day and people liked me even when I was kinda spazzy or judgmental or weird or whatever. Heck, one time Becca said she wanted to be like me, which, hello ultimate confidence booster. But I also feel like blogging helped me really figure out who I wanted to be and then helped me work toward it. I wanted to be outgoing and creative and kind and blogging about those things helped me to get there. I'm still a work in progress but I like who I am and I like where I'm headed. It's a good place to be.
So happy almost anniversary, little blog. Let's go have some cupcakes! What's what? You don't have a mouth? Oh fine. I'll eat yours for you. The things I do for you...





4 comments:
Awwww. Sob.
ask and you shall recieve... in excess :)
Happy Blogiversary. I'm glad you're a blogger - for me, you're one of those people from high school that I've come to love through their blog & comments... it's like we were always supposed to be friends, or something.
Cupcakes sound yummy.
Blogging is wonderful. We would not be friends without it!! It would just be like, "this one time at Carl and Chris Gong's house I met this married girl who had a sleepover with us" and that would be it. But this is so much better! And ditto your sentiments about self-confidence. I look back on some old posts and I think "man, I am SO cool!" although sometimes there are posts that I just wish were never published to the public eye. Oh well! :) And I think you're a cool, informed, hip mom/person and I totally want to be like when I have kids!
Post a Comment