Thursday, February 15, 2007

Paw in the Cookie Jar

I felt bad for poor Bender since he was locked in the kitchen alone all night. He and Neko were tight and he was probably pretty lonely. So, this morning while I was getting ready I opened the pocket door between the kitchen and the hallway so he could get out and wander the rest of the house. I figured he would zip straight to our bedroom so he could indulge in his favorite pasttime: cowering under our bed.

He kind of stuck around in the kitchen when I opened the door, so I went back to my room to get ready, figuring he'd follow when he was ready. After 20 minutes or so I still hadn't seen him. I had foolishly assumed when I opened the door that he would either ignore or be frightened by the turtle. I realized I should probably check on the turtle just in case.

In the living room I found the poor turtle cowering under his rock with Bender poised over the tub with his paw tapping at the surface of the water. He bolted when I walked in the room, but I think that Bender and Mr. Turtle should probably be kept separate from now on.

Also, for those who were worried, we did ask a $25/cat or $35/pair rehoming fee. I've heard the horror stories about giving animals away for free on Craigslist and I wasn't about to subject my kitties to people who aren't willing to pay for their new pet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so funny! i love shawna and andrew- andrew and my hubby dub are like brothers. small small world. well, keep reading!
kelly mccaleb