Sunday, February 11, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Aaron has been saying for a while how cool it would be to have a turtle. I had been thinking about getting one, but the ones I had seen in the store were kind of expensive. Then, on my way home from shopping for other Valentine's Day stuff I saw a sign for a yard sale with baby turtles! Coincidence? I think not. He got one of his presents a little early this year :)

We proudly present: Ms. Turtle (except we were having trouble sticking with calling it her and she, so we reassigned her gender. Now it's him and his and Mr. Turtle)

Mr. Turtle's home made aquarium. It should work for a couple years as he grows. Apparently we need to get a heat lamp (turns out red-eared sliders are kind of little princesses in their demands, which we didn't find out til after I had already paid my $10 and brought him home in a dixie cup. Let that be a lesson to us).


Aaron loves his little turtle friend. Something else I found out AFTER we had already bought the little guy is that it is illegal to buy or sell turtles that are less than 4 inches long. Which technically makes me a criminal.

I picked this guy out specifically cause I loved his shell. It's really vibrant and swirly.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i knew it was illegal. i could have told you that :) michelle and i looked for one for a long time.