Aaron got an e-mail on Wednesday from a girl who saw our Craigslist ad about Bender and was interested in coming to see him. We crossed our fingers and prayed because the poor baby has been so lonely since Neko left and he's bored out of his mind and I can't exactly take a day off work to play with the cat. The girl and her husband came over Thursday evening.
Almost as soon as they walked in the door I knew they were perfect.
She works from home and he's a student. He grew up with cats and talked her into getting one and she spent weeks preparing for the new arrival, cleaning out a nice space in the laundry room for the litter box and looking at ads in the newspaper trying to find a cat to rescue. Someone suggested Craigslist to them and they found our ad. I wrote the ad in such a way that interested parties would know what they were getting themselves into. My hidden motive though, was to find a softie like me who would rise to the challenge of a charity case, which is exactly what she did.
Bender even came out for a bit while they were at our house. He chased the laser pen around for a bit, much to their delight. They can't take him until Sunday night or Monday, but they're really excited and so am I. I know they'll take excellent care of him and he'll be very happy with them once he stops being deathly afraid of them.
So, huge sigh of relief, both kitties have found good and loving homes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment