I am a spammer!
Our company has a computer program that can be used for spamming purposes (it can be bought for only $99. No wonder spam is so prevalent). We usually use it to maintain our investor distribution list and other lists that people have specifically requested to be added to, but occasionally we farm e-mail addresses from other places and send out a handful of unsolicitated e-mail.
Today really takes the cake though. We bought all the Phoenix area real estate agents' e-mail addresses from Real-Estate-Agent-Lists.com. I'm not sure where they got the addresses from, seeing as SEVRAR swears on it's mother's grave that they don't sell our info (I asked).
So, we got 38,000 e-mail addresses from a somewhat shady source. I drafted up a pretty letter stating what we had to offer and after multiple revisions and the thumbs up from the higher ups, I pressed send. When we've done this stuff before my dad's name has been on everything. No one ever knows I'm even involved (thought it's usually all me with my dad's name tacked at the bottom). But this time, it's MY name on the e-mail. MY contact info. I'm not sure how I got convinced that was a good idea, but now there is an unsolicited e-mail sitting in approximately 38,000 inboxes with MY name on it.
I almost feel kind of famous.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment