Sunday, February 25, 2007

How a $10 Turtle Became a $100 Turtle: A Cautionary Tale About Getting Carried Away

Once upon a time there was a girl who was married to a very handsome boy who had mentioned he wanted a turtle for a pet. This girl thought a turtle would be an excellent Valentine's Day present, so she found one for $10 and brought him home to their humble abode and placed the turtle in an equally humble turtle abode. The boy loved his turtle and wanted him to be comfortable, so the girl and the boy set off to Petco to buy a heat lamp. Once they were at Petco they discovered all the beautiful and wonderful things available for turtles, including, but not limited to, the floating Turtle Dock that went up and down with the water level and provided an excellent basking place. They decided to upgrade their turtle abode. One hour and $90 later, their turtle now lives in this:

And everyone (including the turtle) was very happy.

In other news, I'm sure no one remembers this post, but I mentioned a certain pair of green suede heels that I absolutely did not need, despite the fact that they were my shoe soul mates (no pun intended) and they were practically made for my feet. Well....

They're beautiful, and I'm weak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love those shoes. and i want a turtle.