Here are a few things my family cannot agree one:
Whether or not fruit and chocolate belong together
Whether or not country music is awesome
Whether or not potatoes are good (my brother is kind of weird)
Here are a few things my family can agree on:
The Fifth Element is an awesome movie
(and also: we love Bruce Willis)
Tom Petty and Journey are as close to musical perfection as it gets
Chocolate chip cookies are a perfectly acceptable meal replacement option
Matchbox 20 rocks our socks
Pioneer Woman is hosting a Zune giveaway today and in order to enter you have to leave a comment about what live concerts you have attended. I haven't attended very many (Dashboard Confessional, Weezer, Backstreet Boys...twice. Shut up, it was awesome) but Matchbox 20 was the first one to pop into my mind. So here's the comment I left:
Matchbox 20! Everyone in my family is a big fan so we all went with another family when I was in high school. It smelled like pot and Trojan was a sponsor so there were condom balloons everywhere. The little kids were like, “hey! balloons!” and the adults were like, “DON’T TOUCH THE BALLOONS.”
And...ya. That was the point of this post. Condom balloons with the family. Good times, my friends. Good times.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Hahaha if I recall correctly, someone got beer spilled on them (you? I don't remember). But hey, at least we got to hear our favorite song as we were leaving! Also, Matchbox 20 is what's playing in my car right now. Awesome choice.
Oh man, what an awesome story. Poor kid.
What's funny is I don't remember the condom balloons! I remember Train opened for Machtbox 20. And I remember the Lyons making us leave early before, as Nikki mentioned, the favorite one. We had to hear it as we hurried to the car to "beat the crowd."
I'm pretty sure it was the Lyons who were freaking out about the condom balloons. Their kids were all young enough to notice and get excited about the balloons.
And the fact that we had to leave early kinda sucked. But that's what happens when you go to a concert with a family who has small children whose sole desire is to hear Train perform Drops of Jupiter (gag). As soon as that song was over they were ready to go.
so i'm totally eating a chocolate chip cookie for dinner as I read this. ha. definitely with you on that one.
Post a Comment