Friday, June 06, 2008

Evidence That I May Have Let Myself Go a Bit

Yesterday at Epic Salon:

Girl Cutting My Hair: It's been...how long? Since you've had a hair cut?

Me: Um..well my last haircut by someone who was like, trained to cut hair was May. Of 2007. And then I butchered it myself in August. And then my friend tried to fix it for me a few days later.

GCMH, pulling out pieces on the left side of my head: Wow, I don't even know what is going on over here.

Me: .....

_________________________

Today after Aaron got home from work early:

Aaron: Are you...wearing makeup?

Me: Ya....?

Aaron: And you showered and did your hair???

Me: Yes?

Aaron: Wow!

Me: Ouch.



On a sort of related note, when I got my hair cut the GCMH was like, "Make sure you blow dry your bangs even if you don't do the rest of your hair because your cowlick will make them go funky. But of course, you probably knew that." And I was like, "Um, ya, of course, my cowlick." Cowlick, what?? So then I mentioned this to my friend Catherine and she was like, duh, you have one right at the front of your head, how could you miss it?

I don't even know.

9 comments:

Heather said...

So related to this. Just wait til you are outnumbered by your kids.

Nikki said...

You have a cowlick?

TheMoncurs said...

I know! I was so confused.

Unknown said...

I wanna see the pic of your new haircut!

N.F. said...

Hehe on the cowlick thing.

:)

{ Bethany } said...

{sigh} I've so been there, babe! I think those were even the exact words used..."I dont even know whats going on over here" :P

Lonica said...

It's okay. I still really like to read your blog. I'm not judgemental of appearances. (of course, it's easy not to be when your only interaction is via the Internet...)

Becky said...

Well, I didn't notice!! That's pretty funny though...however, in your defense hairstylists act that way if even another hairstylist does a bad cut/color job on your hair. You always look cute to me.

Young People in Love said...

Hey- i randomly came across your blog via megan milne's....

i just had to tell you that this post is SO me! i secretly love answering "so when was the last time u had ur hair cut?" question. my response always seems to elicit the most unique of reactions from the stylist. silly stylists.

also- LOVED the cat video. i especially appreciated it as one who is married to an engineer. i dont think engineer jokes will ever get old. :)