In keeping with my amended New Year Resolution, I have continued to watch a plethora of movies. It has slowed down a bit since Wes spends less time eating these days, but I've still added a goodly number to my list.
Movies I have watched since February 25th and how much I have liked them with * being I felt meh and *** being I loved it (it's rare that I feel less than meh about a movie. There is one in the list, marked as a negative *):
Juno ***
Lars and the Real Girl ***
Atonement ***
The Darjeeling Limited **
Rear Window ***
Vertigo **
A Room with a View *
A Walk in the Clouds **
King Arthur **
As You Like It **
Last of the Mohicans ***
The Jane Austen Book Club **
Wives and Daughters **
Bridget Jones's Diary **
Love in the Afternoon ***
Barefoot in the Park ***
Sweet November *
A Month by the Lake -* (Turned off after 10 minutes. Boring)
The Invisible ***
Not quite as impressive as my previous list, but it's also slightly liberating to not be tied to the couch as much. I actually leave the house sometimes (but only like twice a week. Let's not get crazy here). Legends of the Fall is burning a hole in my coffee table and I have been trying my darndest to get through Middlemarch but I find myself so extremely disinterested. That wouldn't be such a problem if the darn thing weren't 6 hours long, but there you are. I might just have to give it a single * for effort and send it back. Too much other good stuff waiting in my queue to be held back by a single epically long George Elliot adaptation.
As for the bedroom renovation, it's currently stalled until I can take the stupid wrong colored bookcase back to Ikea, an operation that requires a certain level of planning that I am too tired to undertake lately due to my un-napped child (although, today was better than yesterday. Perhaps 6 hours of unbroken sleep loom on the horizon? Do I dare even hope?).
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I hope Wes starts sleeping better. Bentley is still not doing well, except of course two of the nights my mother-in-law was here (even then it was only about five hours of uninterrupted sleep). It's strangely comforting to know that I am not the only one though. It's really starting to affect my life in weird ways; I have zero short term memory for example. Weird. Best of luck!
I LOVED 'Juno' too!!! I just rented Jane Austen Book Club, I liked it ok...I lent it to Janell becuase she ADDICTED to Jane Austen and she liked it, but she's read all the books. I'm going to have to add some of your *** movies to my blockbuster list, thanks!!
You have had a part in inspiring me to renovate my kitchen/other rooms in my house! I'll be takin' pics too!
P.S. "That ain't no etch-a-sketch...that's one doodle that can't be undone home skillet!"
Well Kayla! I am suprised you haven't called me to help you with returning that bookcase to IKEA! I would totally love to help out and I do have a Suburban! Call me!
Post a Comment