Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Because That's How the Universe Works

Of course, as soon as I've declared that I'm tired of looking for a swimsuit and I give up and I'm just going to be happy with what I have, DesignMom posts about Athleta. And I pretty much fall in love with every single swimsuit on there.

In particular, I love this one:

It's reversible!

And this one:

It's so pretty!

I'm debating pushing my spa day back a month or 2 just to get one of these. They're pretty much what I've been looking for..something that combines pretty with practical. I usually end up going with pretty when it comes to swimsuits and then end up wrestling with my suit when I go body surfing or flashing people when I dive. I think most girl swimsuits are designed with pool lounging in mind. And while I enjoy a good lounge as much as the next person, I'm also the idiot you see flailing about in the waves and getting smashed into the sand by the big ones. These swimsuits are designed with beach volleyball and surfing in mind, so they should be able to handle my running around.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Nice call. I just ordered a swimsuit from Athleta! I'm going to try the halter one-piece. I usually order about 3-5 swimsuits from different places every year and return them because I don't like them... I'm crossing my fingers with this one. Hope it works out for you too!

Becky said...

Those are very cute!! I agree with the fact that suits are definitely made for lounging!! So true. I've been the girl (on more than one occasion doing some accidental flashing...a little humiliating!).

Lonica said...

Man! Just when I thought I'd be able to make it through the summer with the suits I have, you post and I find three, $80 suits that I want. That doesn't even include the cost the cute shorts or skirts that go with them. My husband thanks you...

mominaz said...

I love them both. They look like you! Remember that great black and white halter one you had? You looked like a 40's movie star!